Welcome to our unaccompanied tours (UT) blog, Foggy Bottom Rambles! We can share information, programs, and resources quickly with you and since blogs are a two way street, we (and the other readers) can hear from you. What's in a name you say? This blog reflects how we (back here in DC, Foggy Bottom area) provide information (rambles) to you. Find websites and information, upcoming webinars, programs and events. FLO does not endorse organizations or companies linked-to in this blog, the views they express, or the products/services they offer. Let us know what you think: contribute to the blog or email us at FLOAskUT@state.gov.

Thursday, December 17, 2009

All things considered

From a reader - I’m at a PRT in Iraq and because things change here so quickly, I contacted one of the State people over there to find out about what it was really like and what I needed to bring, what it was like traveling there, and how internet/phone is set up so I could tell my family ahead of time what to expect. I also asked if there was anything the people at the PRT missed that I could bring out with me. Yes, I only brought one suitcase, but actually mailed them a little ‘care package’ before I left. Even though I arrived dusty and tired, I made a good first impression!

No comments:

Post a Comment