Welcome to our unaccompanied tours (UT) blog, Foggy Bottom Rambles! We can share information, programs, and resources quickly with you and since blogs are a two way street, we (and the other readers) can hear from you. What's in a name you say? This blog reflects how we (back here in DC, Foggy Bottom area) provide information (rambles) to you. Find websites and information, upcoming webinars, programs and events. FLO does not endorse organizations or companies linked-to in this blog, the views they express, or the products/services they offer. Let us know what you think: contribute to the blog or email us at FLOAskUT@state.gov.

Wednesday, July 26, 2017

Did You Earn NCE? Organize Your Paperwork Before Leaving Post

If you have earned Non-Competitive Eligibility (NCE) and plan to seek federal employment when you return to the U.S., it is important to ensure that you have the correct documentation. Before you leave post, download copies of your documents from HR Online while you still have access to OpenNet. You will need the following: 
  • Standard Form 50 (SF-50) – You need your first and last SF-50s to confirm the length of your appointment, your last pay grade, and that you have worked the minimum 52 weeks on a Family Member Appointment (FMA) or 2,087 hours on a TEMP assignment.
  • Performance Review (JF 57) – A copy of your most recent, signed performance review.
  • NCE Verification Letter – Provided by the Human Resources office at post, the letter outlines the regulations from CFR 315.608, which can be useful for other federal agencies who may not be familiar with NCE. 
These three documents should be scanned into one document when applying for federal vacancies on USAJOBS. For more information on family member employment, go to www.state.gov/flo/employment. Email questions to FLOAskEmployment@state.gov.

No comments:

Post a Comment