Welcome to our unaccompanied tours (UT) blog, Foggy Bottom Rambles! We can share information, programs, and resources quickly with you and since blogs are a two way street, we (and the other readers) can hear from you. What's in a name you say? This blog reflects how we (back here in DC, Foggy Bottom area) provide information (rambles) to you. Find websites and information, upcoming webinars, programs and events. FLO does not endorse organizations or companies linked-to in this blog, the views they express, or the products/services they offer. Let us know what you think: contribute to the blog or email us at FLOAskUT@state.gov.

Tuesday, May 23, 2017

Leaving Post in 2017? You May Be Eligible to Apply for the FSFRC

During the hiring freeze, family members can apply to join the Foreign Service Family Reserve Corps (FSFRC) if they meet all of the below criteria. Those eligible should apply now and not wait until closer to their departure date.

Family Members Working Overseas
  • Currently employed at post under a Family Member Appointment (FMA) or Temporary (TEMP) appointment and will be departing from the current position between now and December 31, 2017.
  • Employed on an FMA or TEMP appointment with a sponsoring employee who has an upcoming Transfer Eligibility Date (TED) between now and December 31, 2017.
  • Currently in Intermittent No Work Scheduled (INWS) status at the time of application, with a Not to Exceed (NTE) date between now and December 31, 2017.
Family Members Working in the Civil Service

  • Due to the hiring freeze currently in effect at the Department of State, family members who are working in Civil Service positions who will be accompanying their sponsoring employees abroad may not join the FSFRC at this time. Going from the Civil Service to the FSFRC would require a hiring action which is not possible at this time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment