Resources to Help You Prepare for Leaving Post
Transition season is upon us and now is a good time to tap into the many resources the Family Liaison Office’s (FLO) Crisis Management and Support Services team provides to all employees and families under Chief of Mission authority. The following links can help you prepare for your next move.
· The Personal Preparedness Plan – helps with organizing your personal documents; remember to hand-carry important documents that you will need when you land at your final destination.
· Eldercare Issues – resources to assist you with adding parents to orders, insurance, housing options in the U.S., and more.
· Living Apart - includes information on Separate Maintenance Allowances (SMA).
· Members of Household (MOH) - information for family members who are not on official travel orders.
· Guidance to Foreign-Born Spouses - Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) for spouses who are not U.S. citizens and information on expeditious naturalization and dual citizenship.
· The Foreign Affairs Assignment Notebook - published by the Overseas Briefing Center (OBC) at the Foreign Service Institute (FSI), this is a great resource for tips on packing.
You can contact the Crisis Management team at FLOAskSupportServices@state.gov.