So you are experiencing an unaccompanied tour!? Maybe it’s your first or third but the good thing is your looking for information J
Have you seen FLO’s website on unaccompanied tours? http://www.state.gov/m/dghr/flo/c14521.htm Information not to be missed on this site:
· Contact Sheet – fill able form used to collect e-mails you provide of your circle of family and friends, enables us to disseminate UT specific information and updates.
· Decision Tree -use this document to help decide where to live during a UT and to learn about your allowances.
· Workbook request- these activity books were specifically designed for parents separated by distance from their child, age specific we are happy to mail them as requested.
· Tips from the Field-suggestions compiled from people’s knowledge of what worked for them on a UT.
· Yahoo HomeFrontUS-a private chat group organized so you can virtually “meet” other people in a similar situation.
· Medal request- designed to recognize the sacrifice a child has made while a parent is away. Request for your son, daughter, step-children, 0-21 years of age and Foreign Affairs agencies only-State, AID, Commerce, Agriculture, and BBG.
· Mental Health Resources- MHN (Health Net Company) Employee Consultation Service (ECS), Deployment Stress Management Program (DSMP); all these programs offer valuable emotional & life style support to families and employees especially created for the issues and concerns of unaccompanied tours
Interested but unsure where to turn? Please contact FLOaskUT@state.gov And as always please remember to share this information with others! Sometimes people don’t know where to search, sometimes e-mails go astray or they are put into SPAM folders (it happens…) but the important thing is the folks at FLO want to help.