Celebrate the Rich Artistry of Afghanistan
While Supporting Afghan Literacy
Benefit Dinner and Silent Auction
Saturday, January 29 – 6:00 pm
Cedar Lane Unitarian Universalist Church
9601 Cedar Lane, Bethesda, MD 20814
Tickets, $50 per person
• Authentic Afghan dinner
• Keynote speaker Dr. Susan Andersen, who will report on her trip to
Afghanistan and her work with women parliamentarians
• Kabultec founder Nasrine Gross will report briefly on her 2010 activities in
• Raffle of unique Afghan textile, glassware, and beaded bag (tickets, $10)
Silent Auction to include
• Afghan cooking class with Nasrine
• Hand-crafted items from large and small textiles to jewelry, pottery, woodcarving, and metal work—all from Afghan bazaars and women’s groups
Proceeds will support couples literacy classes in Afghanistan through Kabultec.
Nasrine has been working on Afghan women's rights since 1996.
Deadline is Thursday, January 27, 2011, but tickets may sell out sooner
Mail checks made out to "Kabultec" (a 501(c)3 organization) to:
7941 Inverness Ridge Rd.
Potomac, MD 20854-4010
Directions: http://www.cedarlane.org/directions or call (301) 493-8300