Here are some things you should know:
Make sure your friends and family know they can find information & resources on FLO’s unaccompanied tour site http://www.state.gov/m/dghr/flo/c14521.htm
Information not to be missed on this site:
- · Contact Sheet – fill able form used to collect e-mails you provide of your circle of family and friends, enables us to disseminate UT specific information and updates.
- · Decision Tree -use this document to help decide where to live during a UT and to learn about your allowances.
- · Workbook request- these activity books were specifically designed for parents separated by distance from their child, age specific we are happy to mail them as requested.
- · Yahoo HomeFrontUS-a private chat group organized so you can virtually “meet” other people in a similar situation.
- · Medal request- designed to recognize the sacrifice a child has made while a parent is away. Request for your son, daughter, step-children, 0-21 years of age and Foreign Affairs agencies only-State, AID, Commerce, Agriculture, and BBG.
- · Mental Health Resources- MHN (Health Net Company) Employee Consultation Service (ECS), Deployment Stress Management Program (DSMP); all these programs offer valuable emotional & life style support to families and employees especially created for the issues and concerns of unaccompanied tours.